[lug] Email screening

Chris McDermott csmcdermott at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 16:30:50 MDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Jason Brass <brass.jason at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'd like to set up an email account where I can screen all emails and
> decide which ones will be
> delivered and which will be discarded (e.g., to protect minors from
> spam).  I'd also like to be able
> to review outgoing mail from that account and allow/disallow their
> delivery.
>
> I'd like to leave the email in its original appearance.  Adding headers is
> probably fine.  Having
> the mail delivered to me and then forwarded on is not.
>
> Anyone know of tools to do that easily?
>
> Thanks!
> Jason

Hmm. A mailman mailing list might work for inbound stuff... I know you can
configure it to hold messages and wait for administrator approval before
delivering them. You (or the minor in question) would have to distribute
the mailing list address as the public email address for people to use.
Then sign the real backend email address up as a list member. Anything sent
to the mailing list waits for approval. Once it's approved it gets
delivered to the backend. Outbound delivery would be more tricky.

Chris