[lug] Setting up failover in Linux?

Will will.sterling at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 16:32:20 MDT 2012

I have never seen a long distance cluster running an application on a
shared file system such as DRBD.  Even clusters in the same room and on
shared FC storage are usually offline when their applications are updated.

I've seen data being pushed in real time but there is always some sort of
fencing mechanism to prevent corruption.  Usually a database with a
transaction log but also SANs that replicate to a swap area and only move
in the changes once all of the blocks have been transmitted.