[lug] Electronic recycling

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Thu May 10 07:03:47 MDT 2012

CRTs and TVs are nasty. There's a /lot/ of lead in the glass (which is
why they're so heavy) and other nasties in the electronics. I understand
why there's a charge to dispose of them but another part of me regrets
it since a lot of people use it as an excuse to put them in the normal
trash stream. I know there's been talk of a small tax on electronics to
cover the eventual disposal cost but, you jnow, another tax. Can't have
that.