[lug] stupid encrypted hard disk question

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue May 22 13:28:06 MDT 2012

On 05/19/2012 05:35 PM, Bear Giles wrote:
> I thought my swap partitions are also encrypted but I would have to check.

For the typical Fedora and Ubuntu setups, everything is encrypted except
/boot, unless you do only the "encrypted home directory" option.

> Hmm... I'll be doing fresh installs with 12.04 soonish so I'll see how it
> behaves then.

I've been told that the standard Ubuntu install disc now includes support
to do the encrypted LVM, but when I've installed 12.04 I've used the
alternate installer.  The Fedora standard installer does (and has done) LVM
encrypted setups for quite a while.

Sean