[lug] Storage & Systems Engineer Position in Westminster

will.sterling at gmail.com will.sterling at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 09:44:09 MDT 2012

All,

  We are looking for a storage engineer that can also help out with systems engineering to join our team at Datalogix.  The job description is pasted in-line below, if you are interested please contact me.

Regards,
Will Sterling

--Job Description --
We’re a small company with a big IT environment.  We have over 200 Windows and Linux servers mounted in our hot-aisle enclosure system.  We run a clustered Oracle database at the core of our business.  We run geographically-dispersed web-facing applications with database lookups that are measured in microseconds.  Our datacenter in Westminster, CO houses over 500 terabytes of storage.

Our technical teams work closely in an Agile environment, enabling us to learn from everyone’s experience.  Collaboration is highly encouraged and valued.  Our work environment is very team oriented which requires and fosters good communication skills.  We value skill sets in which will allow someone to be flexible within their working environment and have the willingness to take on new initiatives and tasks within their Agile development team.

For this position, we are looking for a Systems Engineer who can assist our team by designing, implementing, and supporting the datacenter infrastructure for our business.  A candidate for this position should have experience architecting, installing, and automating, as well as a history of implementing robust, game-changing solutions with previous employers.

Key areas of responsibility

Work in an Agile team to build a datacenter infrastructure for Datalogix.
Participate in daily scrums, weekly grooming meetings, and bi-weekly iteration planning and retrospective meetings.
Manage SAN and NAS storage platforms.  This includes architecture, implementation, and capacity planning.
Provide insights and assistance to all group members in all areas.  This includes and is not limited to Linux, Windows, storage, backup, security, networking, and VMware.
Work with team members and business owners to plan, implement, and test DR plan.
Work with team members and IT stakeholders to design and deploy an automated, scalable dev/test environment infrastructure.
Work with security officers at Datalogix to implement changes that strengthen the company’s security posture.
Mentor members of an operations team on the operations tasks required to keep our systems up and running.
Qualifications

Good written and oral communication skills
Ability to work with and manage vendors (e.g. Dell, HP, VAR’s)
HP ProLiant server lines, including blade systems – 4-5 years
Dell PowerEdge server lines – 4-5 years
Network bonding/teaming, 10gbe networking – 4-5 years
Shell scripting (bash and/or powershell) – 6-8 years
SafeNet dual-factor authentication (VPN) – 1-2 years
Infoblox IPAM appliance – 1-2 years
Experience with storage array (SAN, NAS) management – 4-5 years
NetApp V-Series and FAS-Series
BlueArc NAS storage
HP EVA storage
Hitachi AMS storage
Experience with storage networks including fiber-channel, CNA’s, and FCOE – 2-3 years
Experience with network and IT security – 4-5 years
VMware management and performance optimization – 3-4 years
Familiarity working with ISO 27002 and NIST 800-53 – 3-4 years
FireScope monitoring and management platform (other monitoring platform experience is relevant) – 4-5 years