[lug] good place to park or sell domains?

Robert Racansky robert.racansky at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 12:03:42 MDT 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Davide Del Vento
<davide.del.vento at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This morning, I received 5 hours notice to appear in Boulder courtroom
>> H to contest a Motion for Temporary Restraining Order against me for
>> using the name of a lawyer as as a domain name.
>>
>> See http://www.jonahhunt.com
>>
>> Or, if the judge orders me to take it down today, it is preserved at
>>
>> http://www.freezepage.com/1326124691PIRPUAOMTG
>>
>> The page has links to court cases regarding the Anti-cybersquatting
>> Consumer Protection Act.
>>
>> More later, but I've got to be in court in a little over an hour.
>
> Looking forward to learning more about this.

For those of you who are interested, the case is over.

I just updated the web page, www.JonahHunt.com

Here's the timeline from my web site, which I'll probably edit a
little bit for clarity, to correct errors, etc :

July - August 2011:  This web site publicly accused Jonah Hunt of
committing various forms of fraud.

August 2011 - January 2012:  Jonah Hunt repeatedly threatened to sue
the web site owner.

February 13, 2012:  Jonah Hunt filed a libel suit against the owner of
this web site in Boulder County, Colorado, District Court; case number
2012 CV 110.

In his "Complaint" Jonah Hunt wrote that
the Defendant "maintains that Mr. Hunt and others 'lied under oath'"
the Defendant "has published defamatory, harassing, abusive,
objectionable, and libelous statements on this website"
the Defendant's "publication of the defamatory and libelous statements
contained on 'jonahhunt.com' has already caused damage to Mr. Hunt, an
operation of same will cause irreparable harm to Mr. Hunt's
reputation"
"Those statement constitue libel per se"
"Mr. Hunt has been damaged and continues to be damaged"
"Mr. Hunt is entitled to all actual, presumed and punitive damages as
may be awarded by the Court"
"Mr. Hunt is also entitled to an award of reasonable expenses and
attorney's fees as he has had to take remedial measures because of the
statements"

February 14, 2012:  Jonah Hunt's "Motion for Temporary Restraining
Order" to take down this web site was denied by the Court, which found
"nothing libelous" about its contents.

It is noteworthy that the Defendant was given only five hours notice
about the hearing, was not represented by legal counsel, and still
managed to prevail against an attorney with 10 years of experience who
had spent months preparing for this case.

February 27, 2012:  The Defendant -- the owner of this website --
filed an "Answer" in which he freely admitted to publishing the
statements that Mr. Hunt found libelous, and included nearly 300 pages
of documentary evidence to support his allegations.

It is worth noting that under Colorado law, the only allowable defense
against a charge of libel is that "the publication was true."  At the
time, libel was a Class 6 Felony , punishable by up to 18 months in
prison per count, and actively prosecuted by the State of Colorado.

March 13, 2012:  Jonah Hunt filed a "Motion to Dismiss" his own case
against the owner of this web site.

March 28, 2012:  The Court granted Mr. Hunts "Motion to Dismiss", and
ordered that the Defendant is entitled to recover his costs from the
Plaintiff.

May 10, 2012:  In his "Opposition To Defendant's Bill Of Costs", Jonah
Hunt claimed that

he was "not served with this Order"
the Court "lacks authority to award costs" to the Defendant
he "had no intention of paying Defendant's costs in this matter"
the "Defendant has no legal entitlement to costs"

June 22, 2012:  The Court orders Jonah Hunt to pay the Defendant's
costs, $531.02, "within seven days of this order".

June 29, 2012 (seven days later):  Jonah Hunt has not paid the costs
ordered by the Court.

Jonah Hunt, a collections attorney, is delinquent in paying a bill
ordered by the Court for a lawsuit he initiated.

July 03, 2012:  Jonah Hunt mails payment to the Defendant -- four days
after the Court's deadline.

The payment was not in my Post Office box as of 6:00 pm on July 03, 2012.

July 05, 2012:  Defendant receives payment from Jonah Hunt -- six days
after the Court's deadline.