[lug] Have Internet providers been discussed recently?

Steven A Hart shart at Colorado.EDU
Wed Sep 12 14:30:30 MDT 2012

I'm sure alot of us feel your pain concerning Comcast.  When I bought a
new home I struggled with the same thing and ended up sticking with
Comcast but only for network.  I looked into other options and long
story short, Comcast was the only one who could offer me the network
speed required for my wife and I.  We started out with the dreaded
triple-play package and knocked it down to just network.  Cable TV and
comcast phone were simply wastes for me.

When dealing with Comcast, make your life much more simple and don't
have a tech come out unless there is a real technical issue that needs
troubleshooting.  If it's just start/stop of service, use of their
crappy cable boxes, etc, find the nearest Comcast office and walk in the
door.  I think that most of us can handle connecting coax cables in our
own homes.

Just some thoughts....best of luck with the situation!

Steve

On 09/12/2012 02:21 PM, Gary Hodges wrote:
> Comcast has upset me enough I'm ready to bail on them.  Service was
> great for years, but for about 3 months it has been intermittent, and
> poor when it does work.  Twice I have scheduled appts, leaving work
> 3-hours early.  When scheduling I was exceedingly explicit that I
> wouldn't have a phone because the Internet wasn't working.  They were no
> shows at both appts because no one answered when the tech called.
> Ugggg!  I better get the $20 missed appt credit for both of those.
>
> I've done some searching for other providers, but thought I'd run the
> question by lug before making calls.  In the end I'll probably just
> stick with Comcast, but I told my wife it is now up to her to work with
> them.  She said she doesn't talk to tech support people.  Maybe I'll
> give my son the phone number.

Steve Hart
Systems Administrator
Colorado Center for Astrodynamics Research
University of Colorado Boulder
Steven.Hart at colorado.edu
(303)492-8109