[lug] Needed: A new MC for the monthly meetings

Jeremy Hinegardner jeremy at hinegardner.org
Wed Sep 19 10:56:57 MDT 2012

Hey all,

I want to say I have had a great time over the past years MC'ing the Boulder
Linux User Gruop Meetings, and unfortunately I am having increasing conflicts
between my travel schedule and a weekly Thursday work meeting.

As a result I feel I must resign as the MC of user group and pass on the duties
to someone else.

You all have a whole month for someone to volunteer, as it currently stands I
will be unable to make the Oct or the Nov meetings.

Running a meeting is pretty simple:

    1) open the meeting
    2) call for announcements
    3) introduce the speaker
    4) coordinate speaker questions after the speaker is done
    5) coordinate general questions
    6) see if we have any swag to give away and give it away to those who are
       interested in the items

Sometimes, when its a more amazing speaker and meeting than ususal (for instance
this month's)  and people want to continue on later, we'll take a break during
the speaker's time so we can handle (5) and (6) and those that need to leave at
our normal closing time can do so.

enjoy,

-jeremy

 Jeremy Hinegardner                              jeremy at hinegardner.org