[lug] theForeman

Will will.sterling at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 07:19:17 MDT 2012

Does anyone in BLUG have experience with theForeman?  I'd like to hear
some first hand experiences from users.  theForeman is a community
project built around Puppet to try to add the functionality needed to
control the complete life cycle of a computer and virtual instances.
I have it partially deployed at work in our development environment,
it is taking a little longer then I would like because the
documentation is not the best and our existing infrastructure requires
more configuration changes then a typical install.

Here is slide stack from CERN that describes how they use Puppet,
Mcollective and theForeman to manage their computer systems.
https://indico.cern.ch/getFile.py/access?contribId=0&resId=0&materialId=slides&confId=206234

theforeman.org