[lug] VSFTP stopped working recently

Richard Mandel richard at linuxsupportguys.com
Fri Nov 2 13:17:44 MDT 2012

VSFTPD has been fixed by going back to the default FTP port 21. No matter
what I did, it just didn't seem to run properly with any ports other than
default 21. At best it would run with alternative an port, but PASV mode
would not work.

I gave up, and now it is fine on port 21, BUT all those guys trying to break
in to an ftp server are back.

Richard Mandel
Linux Support Guys

richard at linuxsupportguys.com