[lug] good place to park or sell domains?

Robert Racansky robert.racansky at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:15:51 MST 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Bear Giles <bgiles at coyotesong.com> wrote:
> Wouldn't a copy of the court ruling put an end to this with extreme
> prejudice? Not just end it but win a counter-claim for all arbitration fees
> since, duh, the matter has already been settled in court.

That's assuming that private arbitrators are required to follow the
law and defer to precedent.

One of the complaints against arbitration is that

(1)  they're not required to follow the law

(2)  proceedings aren't open and a matter of public record

(3)  they favor clients who bring them repeat business (ie,
corporations over individuals)

A quick search for "arbitration horror stories"
www.google.com/search?q=arbitration+horror+stories  returned
http://arbitrationhorrorstories.wordpress.com/ , which states that
"the built-in iniquities of the binding arbitration system...usurps
ordinary consumers’ basic civil right to trial by a jury of their
peers and grossly favors big business."

In Jonah Hunt v Robert Racansky

(1)  on February 14 2012, the Boulder County Colorado District Court
denied the plaintiff's Motion For Restraining Order seeking to force
me to surrender the domain name

(2) on March 13 2012, the plaintiff filed a Motion To Dismiss his own
case against me.  The court later dismissed the case without
prejudice.