[lug] good place to park or sell domains?

Robert Racansky robert.racansky at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 13:04:21 MST 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Robert Racansky
<robert.racansky at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Robert Racansky
> <robert.racansky at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Steve Sullivan <sullivan at mathcom.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have about 15 unused domains which I've picked up over the
>>> years.  Where would be an *inexpensive* place to park them?
>>> Where is a good place to sell them?
>>

>> This morning, I received 5 hours notice to appear in Boulder courtroom
>> H to contest a Motion for Temporary Restraining Order against me for
>> using the name of a lawyer as as a domain name.
>>
>> See http://www.jonahhunt.com
>>
>> Or, if the judge orders me to take it down today, it is preserved at
>>
>> http://www.freezepage.com/1326124691PIRPUAOMTG
>>
>> The page has links to court cases regarding the Anti-cybersquatting
>> Consumer Protection Act.
>>
>> More later, but I've got to be in court in a little over an hour.
>>

>> From: Jonah G. Hunt <jonahhunt at yahoo.com>
>> Date: Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 9:41 AM
>> Subject: Boulder County District Court Case No. 12CV110
>> To: Robert Racansky <robert.racansky at gmail.com>
>>
>> Mr. Racansky:  the attached lawsuit was filed yesterday.  A hearing on
>> the motion for temporary restraining order has been scheduled for
>> today at 2:30 p.m. in Courtroom H in Boulder District Court.
>> Regards,
>> Jonah Hunt
>

> re  www.jonahhunt.com
>
> A few minutes ago, I received noticed that
>
>  - a complaint has been filed with the National Arbitration Forum
>
> - and that I was charged a $50 dispute fee

The Complaint has been dismissed "without prejudice" due to procedural
deficiencies in the original Complaint.

Copies of all documents, both for the

Boulder County Colorado District Court case # 2012CV110
and the
National Arbitration Forum case # FA1211001470055

can be found at
http://www.jonahhunt.com/home/2012cv110

It is noteworthy that the cost to file a complaint is $1,300 , and
that Jonah Hunt's attorney fees could have been $3,200 ( see
http://www.uspatentlaw.us/content/?page=Utah_Internet_Attorney ,
assuming that Steve Reinhart was not working on a contingency basis ).
 If Hunt and his attorney had needed more time to correct the
procedural deficiencies in their Complaint, they could have asked for
a 30 day extension.

The dismissal, which I received via e-mail earlier today :

DISMISSAL OF
COMPLAINT WITHOUT
PREJUDICE

File Number: FA1211001470055

The Complainant submitted a Complaint deemed to be deficient and did
not make corrections within the time period required under Rule 4(b)
of ICANN’s Rules for Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy. Because
corrections were not made as required by Rule 4(b), this matter is
dismissed without prejudice.

Date: November 15, 2012 By:

Kristine F Dorrain, Esq.
Director of Internet & IP Services