[lug] How to become a UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator overnight

John Dollison johndollison at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 13:07:59 MST 2012

Thanks to a friend, I have an interview tomorrow for a UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator position; but for the past two+ years I've been in more of a project management role where I do a high-level assessment of software deliveries in terms of content, capabilities and risks.  I have hardly touched UNIX/Linux lately, and am pulling out my old books and old laptop with Ubuntu 9 for some quick review (OK, late-night cram session). I know, some of you are shaking your heads and rolling your eyes, but... any good websites that offer a really concise overview of core sys-admin skills, tools, and techniques?  I guess I need "Linux in a Nutshell for Dummies!"  Oh, well... any suggestions? Thanks,John