[lug] How to become a UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator overnight

John Vonachen john.vonachen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 13:31:59 MST 2012

This is an excellent book.  Also you can read and study it overnight, if
you go to the north pole during winter!

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Alexander Vallens <avallens at gmail.com>wrote:

> http://www.admin.com
> The site whets your appetite for the underlying publication: UNIX and
> Linux System Administration Handbook, authored by some well-known
> figures in the CU/Boulder community.
>
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 1:07 PM, John Dollison <johndollison at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Thanks to a friend, I have an interview tomorrow for a UNIX/Linux Systems
> > Administrator position; but for the past two+ years I've been in more of
> > project management role where I do a high-level assessment of software
> > deliveries in terms of content, capabilities and risks.  I have hardly
> > touched UNIX/Linux lately, and am pulling out my old books and old laptop
> > with Ubuntu 9 for some quick review (OK, late-night cram session).
> >
> > I know, some of you are shaking your heads and rolling your eyes, but...
> any
> > good websites that offer a really concise overview of core sys-admin
> skills,
> > tools, and techniques?  I guess I need "Linux in a Nutshell for Dummies!"
> > Oh, well... any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John

rDch0FkiKFXdpHLLyDHVsTXVGdBAIHIUbjJG9mlYYCfMWBC0CSilnxRbxASWwc
My final thoughts on Taoism and the philosophy of Wittgenstein:*
Beliefs are made of words but the world is not.*

<http://amikosoftware.com/songs/>
<http://amikosoftware.com/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/rotturb/><http://www.amikosoftware.com/animate/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/rotturb/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/rotturb/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/giggleSquare/>