[lug] How to become a UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator overnight

Aaron Nichols anichols at trumped.org
Thu Nov 29 13:54:56 MST 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 1:07 PM, John Dollison <johndollison at hotmail.com>wrote:

> I know, some of you are shaking your heads and rolling your eyes, but...
> any good websites that offer a really concise overview of core sys-admin
> skills, tools, and techniques?  I guess I need "Linux in a Nutshell for
> Dummies!"  Oh, well... any suggestions?

While not a complete source of answers, I've found ops-school to be an
excellent list of topics for further googling. There's some info there (and
folks are welcome to fill in more) but it's a good index of the topics and
skills you should probably consider getting familiar with.

http://ops-school.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html

--
Twitter: @anichols
Blog: http://www.opsbs.com