[lug] Free Software in Schools

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 14:38:13 MST 2012

Logan brings up another great point that I alluded to, but didn't directly
mention: Staff. Almost all of the teachers will already know either Mac or
Windows well enough to get around, and will recoil at something different,
even if it isn't actually harder.

And then you have IT staff. For every one IT pro with the knowledge and
desire to run a school on Linux, you will find 5 who can do it with Macs,
and 10 with Windows. We're a minority. And a minority who usually demands
higher pay than our Mac / Windows focused counterparts.

QH