[lug] home network question

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 17:52:39 MST 2012

Thanks to both!

More data collected. The phone is Android 2.3.6
A laptop cannot see the wireless network when the phone cannot, which
I believe point strongly versus the problem.

It did not look to have any grounding issue, in that connecting or
disconnecting the desktop (grounded) did not change anything and the
trick below (which did partially solve the problem) was performed on
an ungrounded laptop, in the same grounding conditions in which it was
failing.

According to the router web interface the wireless was enabled. I
played with many settings (including a few reboot of the box) without
any success. The odd thing is that the web interface does not show the
MAC address of the WLAN (let alone allowing me to change it). I then
disabled (reboot) and reenabled (reboot) the WLAN et voila' -- it is
now working. The odd thing still remains the same (can't see router
MAC, I guess I can connect the laptop and find it), but the web
interface does show the phone MAC address (?)

I suspect the issue will reoccur, so if you have other ideas (even
wild) please let me know.

Happy Holidays,
Davide