[lug] Low power servers.

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 10:07:24 MST 2012

Oh, another option thought I thought might be interesting for a low-power
home server is one of the new Chromebooks running Ubuntu. They are cheap at
$200-$250, include a display, mouse, and keyboard so you don't need to
worry about IO, and the Samsung one includes a USB 3.0 port, so you could
theoretically hook up an external RAID array and still get decent file
serving performance. The Acer one is cheaper, and has an ethernet port if
you don't want to be wireless only. Anyway, another thought.

http://www.google.com/chromebook