[lug] Software suggestions

George S. georges at mhsoftware.com
Mon Jan 21 15:57:45 MST 2013

I use analog and it does this. It will create a virtual host name report
for whatever virtual hosts are present.

In my particular case, I had to write a script to concatenate all of my
host files together, but it's not particularly difficult. I'm doing more
virtual hosts than you're asking about...

I have written my own patches to analog that update the browser/os
detection to modern standards. I can provide you with a link to a source
rpm if you want.

On 1/16/13 12:27 PM, Quentin Hartman wrote:
> My first inclination would be to write a Nagios plugin that did the
> log scraping and calculation and whatnot, and then have it output that
> number as part of it's status message.
>

> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Paul Nowosielski
> <paulnowosielski at yahoo.com <mailto:paulnowosielski at yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All,
>
>     I'm looking for software that can give me web usage stats on one page
>     for well over 500 websites.
>     Any suggestions?
>
>     Essentially I want to be able to see what sites are getting how many
>     requests per day.
>     Using something like awstats requires me to view many pages and is not
>     an alternative.
>
>     I would like to see this all on one page.
>
>     EG:
>
>     site1: 500,000 requests
>     site2: 450,000 requests
>     etc etc.
>
>     The only thing I have found that has this feature is Splunk, but it is
>     very pricey.
>     I would rather go with an OSS solution or, if need be, custom code.
>
>     Thank you for any suggestions.
>
>     With kind regards,
>
>     Paul

>     Join us on IRC: irc.hackingsociety.org