[lug] Getting Certified

Sarah Tempest sctempe13 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 19:37:03 MST 2013

Hey everyone,

I have been wanting to acquire certifications for a long time, but I have
come to realize that I really want to advance down a career path in Linux
Administration. I actually have a B.S. in Robotics and Embedded Systems and
currently have a Full Time job as a Software QA, which I hate. I'm kind of
broke, but I can figure that part out. I've always really loved working
with Linux and I really want to pursue Linux Administration as a career,
but due to just life in general, I'm kind of rusty and also I don't know
where to start. Would certifications be enough? Should I take classes? If
so, where should I go? Any guidance or cautionary tales?

I really appreciate any advice you can give me to help me get started.

--
==I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank
what?"==