[lug] Tell us how

Jeffrey S. Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 07:18:03 MST 2013

Anecdotally, I've had three of these in the past couple of weeks, all from
Yahoo! accounts, which were spamming the senders' address books.

I fell for the very first one, which took me somewhere obviously not
related to the message,  The (real) sender followed up, warning me not to
click on the link, because doing so would, in turn, spam my email list.
Since I had and it didn't, something in Linux/Chrome or Firefox/gmail is
immune.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us>wrote:

> Stephen Kraus wrote:
> > Doesn't have to actually get hacked, you can spoof email addresses. Has
> > happened to me before.
>
> Tummy's server seems to think it came from Yahoo, so probably not spoofed
> I think.  Probably someone
> cracked the password--that seems to happen occasionally.
>
> Dave

Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell], http://seejeffrun.blogspot.com [blog],
http://www.youtube.com/user/goyishekop [vlog]