[lug] thunderbird/firefox crashing on FC17 latest

William D. Knoche bill.knoche at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 10:38:09 MST 2013

looking for some suggestions on diagnosing...

I disabled addons/extentions after discovering that flash seemed to be
at least partially responsibleor at least sites that use flash seem to
fail much more quickly.
I should note that gnash was slightly betterbut did not resolve it.
And, I am still getting both thunderbird and firefox crashing- pretty
often, every few minuteseven with addons/ext disabled.

I also tried chrome and it also crashes...
I downgraded thunderbird and firefox but no better.

Things were pretty stable until my most recent yum upgrade. So
someunderlying facility seems to have a problem.
Are others having problems?
Suggestions?

--bill