[lug] du vs df

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Mon Mar 11 21:43:46 MDT 2013

Sparse files are/were widely used in hash tables. (That's one of the uses
in the scenario I mentioned above.) I know browsers use something like that
- why you can have massive amounts of disk space released when a browser
closes.

(The SQLite files are sparse but the holes aren't very large. It must be
something else consuming all of the extra space.)