[lug] feed aggregator client for linux

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 10:41:56 MDT 2013

Folks,
I was a happy user of Google Reader, but today they announced they are
discontinuing it, since its usage has declined (sure enough, they hid
very well the button to invoke it from the menu, what they were
expecting? grrr, the only way to fight Crapbook is with Crap+ - I'll
spare you the rest of the rant :-)

The tables in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_feed_aggregators
don't help me much. Does anybody use a feedreader on linux and have
any suggestions?

Just that I am in this "forget-the-web-go-back-to-the-desktop" mood,
if you have any suggestion about email client on linux, that'd be good
too, since I use Thunderbird daily and I really hate it (compared to
the gmail web interface - however the last upgrade is ruining that
too, at least for the composition window). Must have: a good
"conversation view", possibly integrated with folders/labels (the one
Thunderbird has is just a checkbox on the feature list: it works
terribly, at least in version 17.0.3)

Thanks,
Davide