[lug] feed aggregator client for linux

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 08:36:51 MDT 2013

Thank you all for the recommendations.

I tried a few of these but just realized (should say remembered) one
important features of Google Reader was not part of the RSS specs: the
ability to go back in time as much as I wanted, not just back in time to as
long ago I subscribed or (worst) as long ago as the last RSS push that went
out. Google Reader exploited its cloud-based massive userbase to cache
basically everything. Not only I could scroll back in time, but I could
also search back in time, as long as the feed was cached by Google, which
probably means that some other user should have been subscribed to that
site at the time the article went out. Of course this was possible for
Google, but it's completely out of question for any personal install. I
mean, short of changing the RSS specs in such a way that one could request
older articles... It's a bummer.

I think I'll go back to the bookmarks, sigh.