[lug] What's on your Desktop?

Maxwell Spangler maxlists at maxwellspangler.com
Sat Apr 20 14:28:48 MDT 2013

I'm giving a chat at NCLUG and BLUG in May about Linux desktop user
interfaces like Gnome Shell.

As part of my research, I'd like to know more about your Linux desktop.

If you've got a moment, would you please email me (privately):

1. What kind of user are you in general?  For example: Software
developer, web developer, general user, hobbyist.

2. What Linux distribution and version do you use ?  (Your primary
laptop or desktop, not servers or other devices.)

3. What desktop environment do you use?  (If you don't know just say
default)

4. What specific things on your desktop do you find important to your
satisfaction?

For example: cpu load monitor, chip thermal monitor, quick launch icons,
dashboard/dock, work space thumbnails, etc.

5. Optional but highly desired: Send me a screenshot of your desktop.
Describe it if you like, especially if you're particular or proud of it.

Please send to this email directly and I'll share information with the
group later.

Thanks!

--
Maxwell Spangler
Linux System Administration / Virtualization / Development / Computing