[lug] BLUG Meeting Announcement 2013-05-09

Boulder Linux boulderlinux at gmail.com
Sat May 4 17:33:51 MDT 2013

    http://lug.boulder.co.us/calendar.html

The May Boulder Linux User Group meeting is coming up.

   Talk : Exploring Gnome 3's Gnome Shell experience

Speaker : Maxwell Spangler

   When : 7:15 p.m. on Thu, May 09, 2013

  Where : Applied Trust, 1033 Walnut St, Bulder, CO 80302

          Applied Trust is on Walnut Street in downtown Boulder. It is
          the door just west of Amante Coffee.

    Map : http://lug.boulder.co.us/meetings.html

Parking : Parking on the street is free after 7pm and there are 2 public
          garages on Walnut at $1.25/hour and bike parking on the sidewalk
          in front of the office.

    Bus : Less than 2 blocks from Broadway which is served by the Skip busses.
          Less than 4 blocks from the Boulder Transit Center which serves
          almost all routes.

Summary of 'Exploring Gnome 3's Gnome Shell experience'

Personal computers have been using variations of the classic "desktop" user
interface with little change for over a decade.

After a long period of minor, mostly cosmetic changes we're re-entering a
period of experimentation and innovation.  Tablet computers, iPhones,
Windows 8's Metro and several new environments in Linux are source of joy
for some and frustration for others. In this presentation I'll briefly look
at where we've been and compare that with the Gnome 3 environment found in
Fedora Linux.  I'll tell you what I love about it and open your eyes to why
you should try it."

Pre meeting food

Food will be available at the meeting location, so please show up around 6:45 pm
and join us for a bite to eat. We'll start the meeting about 7:15.

--
Boulder Linux User Group
http://lug.boulder.co.us