[lug] Shopping for a thin & light

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Tue May 21 12:51:03 MDT 2013

I'm considering replacing my Asus Transformer tablet and keyboard dock with
a "real" thin & light notebook. I'm finding I don't use it for
entertainment much anymore; That is mostly happening on my phone (Galaxy
S3) or iPad mini. When I use it for work, I find myself wishing for
something a bit more robust. In short, it's become the odd man out in my
selection of devices.

I'd like something about the same size (half-inch-ish thick, 10" screen),
and it must be Linux friendly. I carry it daily so I can respond quickly if
something goes Terribly Wrong with one of the systems I'm responsible for.
I've found a couple contenders, but I was wondering if the group might have
any favorites that I have missed.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

QH