No subject

Tue Jun 4 12:17:20 MDT 2013

(which still happens, as Emacs changes and as my needs change) I would
sometimes find myself doing some boring, repetitive typing task.
Since I knew (and this is the most important thing to know for Emacs)
that Emacs can already basically do anything interesting, I would then
force myself to find the better way to do it.

For instance, refilling a paragraph by hand sucks, so I looked in the
manual (I think the tutorial teaches you how to navigate the manual)
and found the M-q binding.  Or I thought it would be handy to have a
key to move to the end of the sentence -- voila, M-e.

>> Especially useful (for me at least) is any of the ways it can help
>> programmers...like color-coding and auto-indentation (perl, java,
>> C, C++, etc). Other things I have wondered is what makes people so
>> looney about it...I would love to know the features that make
>> people love it so much.

I'm sure it varies from person to person.  I've found that everybody
seems to use Emacs differently.

Tom