No subject

Tue Jun 4 12:17:20 MDT 2013

Highlights of BIND 8.2.3
Several serious security holes plugged.
Many bug fixes, especially to IXFR and TSIG.
New "ndc reload -noexpired" feature.
"ndc status" now shows config file name and age.
Ignore stuck stale queries after long zone load delay.
TTL 0 is now allowed in zone files.
Several updated contrib/ packages.
Better portability to Win/NT.
Ported to Darwin (Mac OS X).
**** Forwarders are now used in order by measured RTT. *****

I remember seeing some postings on the bind-isc mailing lists that there were
some bugs in the forwarder code in 8.2.2 (maybe even from Cricket?), you should
upgrade to 8.2.3 but I don't think you'll get the desired result anyway if
you're looking to load balance the requests across those two nameservers.

I don't think forwarders ever round-robin'ed properly (thus the need for the
bugfix in 8.2.3 to make them do RTT calculations by default).

Nate