No subject

Tue Jun 4 12:17:20 MDT 2013

This was published the other day.

AT&T Broadband has received a flurry of phone calls from customers
in the wake of the Excite at Home news, said  a company spokeswoman.
These customers are being assured that their Internet service isn't in
jeopardy.  "No matter what, now and in the future, we will
continue to provide high-speed Internet service".  It
is "too early to speculate" on how AT&T would handle a potential bankruptcy
filing by Excite at Home, which AT&T has agreed to use as the exclusive
provider of Internet service over its cable lines until June 2002.  AT&T
recently wrapped up an eight-month trial offering a choice of four
Internet-service providers over its cable lines in Boulder, Colo., and the
company plans to test another multiple-ISP service in Massachusetts later
this year.  [Print coverage elsewhere.]