No subject

Tue Jun 4 12:17:20 MDT 2013

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   browseable = no
   printable = yes
   public = yes
;   read only = yes
   create mode = 0700
   directory = /tmp

   print command = /usr/bin/lpr -P hp648c %s
;   print command = /usr/bin/lpr -r  %s
;   print command = /bin/cat %s >>/tmp/printlog; rm %s
;   print command = /bin/cat %s >>/var/spool/samba/print/printlog; rm %s
   lpq command       - get spool queue status
   lprm command      - remove a job
   printer = hp648c
   printing = BSD
   guest ok = yes
   guestaccount = lp
   path = /var/spool/samba/print

/etc/printcap has:

hp648c:

as the only entry (set up by the cups admin web based utility)

When I try substituting the commented print command lines above in place
of the lpr print command as a test as suggested in the LDP book "using
samba", the document shows up in the directory listed, so I know it's
getting to the server.

My /var/spool/samba/print spool dir has permissions set as:

drwxrwxr-x  2 root     lp            35 May 20 21:58 print

TIA

John Karns                                        jkarns at csd.net