No subject

Tue Jun 4 12:17:20 MDT 2013

I said:

 This is the significant part of what's in my lilo.conf:
 map=/boot/System.map

D. Stimits said:

 BINGO. "map" is NOT System.map, it is part of the chain loader. In
 fact System.map should not be listed in lilo.conf at all. System.map
 is accessed by programs directly or via kernel programming, it is
 never hard coded into the boot sector. In your /boot/ should be a
 file literally called "map". Try this instead: map=/boot/map

 One is a map for the boot loader, another is a symbol map for module
 symbol exports. Very very different.

The final message in the thread was my acknowledgment that this fix
worked. If it doesn't work for you, something else is going on.

--
Chris Riddoch       | epistemological
socket at peakpeak.com | humility