[lug] Any update on Evi? Lost at sea?

William D. Knoche bill.knoche at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 13:09:56 MDT 2013

On 06/28/2013 12:05 PM, Jeffrey S. Haemer wrote:
> They haven't yet.

I should have just sent this to you. I knew you would most likely know...
I am quite concerned and fear the worst. I was frankly shocked.
I am also sad that I never did head down to sail with her.

> I'm told Laszlo and some other family have headed down, which I
> understand, though I have no idea what they could do down there, either.
Well, it may be important to them to somehow make some form of effort
though there is very little they could do.
Hopefully the search will find them alive and well in a life raft or
better still on the boat.
Lots of things can wrong and it is possible the electronics are all dead
and the sailors fine.
The ocean is a really big place and it is really hard to find anything
as small as a boat or worse a life raft.
And those are pretty intense waters around there.
Here's to hope.

--bill