[lug] Anybody want back issues of Linux Journal?

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 19:04:57 MDT 2013

> would you be willing to buy the book or magazine at a library book sale?

I pass this test pretty easily: not only I "would", but I actually did
spend quite a lot of money buying whole collections of several
"outdated" technical magazines back when I did have the time to read
them and the space to archive them. And a few at full price from the
publisher, not just at library or garage sale. Some are still taking
space in my parents' house/garage. But now the kids have transformed
my life in a huge time and space sink (I can't even walk in my house:
the whole floor is covered with their stuff) -- otherwise I'd take
them myself wholeheartedly. But maybe I'm only an old timer, nowadays
if it's not the last faddish subscription on an iPad it's just junk.
Sad.

I second the suggestion to write the editor or put an ad on the
magazine itself: I've got two of my collections that way.

Cheers,
Davide