[lug] Mailing lists/forums for embedded?

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Tue Aug 13 18:19:54 MDT 2013

FYI, what I'm thinking about is either atom or ARM. Format of single
board computer or computer on a module; the PC104 seems to show up a lot
 as a way to get extra features.

For basic device requirements,
preferably dual or quad core, with several USB 2 ports (I plan to modify
 drivers), and audio capabilities (by this I would prefer 7.1 hidef, but
 could use AC97/5.1, or even stereo, along with the ability to do some
FFT on it). A single ethernet port would work, but dual ports I can put
in bridging mode would be great. Ideally I could run RTlinux, but any
linux would do (e.g., android). Trouble is that I have way too many
questions, and am not even sure if I know what the right questions are.

So...what mailing lists would be the place to go to get hardware advice on this?