[lug] Mailing lists/forums for embedded?

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Sat Aug 17 16:00:07 MDT 2013

I've not worked with FPGAs before. So I'm wondering about a comparison between using DSP related chips which are typical on the SBCs, versus FPGA? For audio processing, I essentially need to do continuous fourier analysis, and some filtering (all audio range). This has to occur simultaneously to some USB and network trickery. The programming also has to change often...so I'm wondering if the FPGA is too specialized?