[lug] New to the group

Sat Aug 17 21:55:53 MDT 2013

Welcome, Jason!

I hate to say it depends, but it really does.

  • If you really want to learn to use Linux better, wipe your primary, and install your favorite Linux onto it.
  • If, on the other hand, you want to learn system-administration, you might want to read "The Linux Command Line" by William Shott. You can buy his book, download it, or read it online.
  • http://linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php
  • If, on the other other hand, you want to learn programming, you might start with "Dive Into Python 3" by Mark Pilgrim. You can buy his book, download it, or read it online.
  • http://getpython3.com/diveintopython3/index.html

There are probably a few (hundred gazillion) other good places to dive in, but those are my three favorites, for now.

--
David L. Willson
Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist

This is a good time for a r3VOLution.