[lug] advice on lab setup

Dan Ferris dan at usrsbin.com
Tue Aug 20 14:26:08 MDT 2013

Hey,

In your situation I'd probably recommend just running a Qemu/KVM Windows
VM on each individual workstation, or if that's to hard, you could use
Virtualbox.  However, KVM is much better than Virtualbox in my opinion.

For hardware, make sure you get faster CPUs that support the Intel
VT/VTX extensions.  Make sure you spec enough memory for the workstation
to run all of it's stuff and for the Windows VM to run happily.  You're
probably looking at I7 CPUs and 8 GB of memory at a minimum.  16 would
probably be better.

Mail me off list if you need help.  Tell Quyen I said hi. :)

Dan