[lug] UPS Recommendation

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Aug 27 20:57:44 MDT 2013

On 08/24/2013 07:57 AM, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> This particular UPS is several years old, and I replaced the battery just
> a couple years ago. I'm highly skeptical that the battery itself is bad.

"just a couple years ago"?  What is the rated life of those batteries,
because a couple of years sounds about right to me.  You can, apparently,
get 10-year rated batteries, but they are a lot more expensive from what
I've heard.  A 2 to 3 years is about as much as I get from APC batteries
before the self-test starts showing them as bad.

Sean