[lug] Malware refuge?

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 15:43:38 MDT 2013

It really depends on what your looking for. I find that for most of my
needs, I can find something that is easy* to use and does what I want. I
find the frustration of Windows getting in my way usually far outweighs the
benefit of having "easier to use" tools available.

As to your specific question, it looks like the tool you are referring to
is open source, and available on linux natively from official repos (at
least Ubuntu):

03:35 PM:qhartman at qhstation$ aptitude search mp3gain
p   easymp3gain-gtk
                           - GUI for MP3Gain, VorbisGain and AACGain

p   easymp3gain-gtk:i386
                            - GUI for MP3Gain, VorbisGain and AACGain

p   easymp3gain-gtk-dbg
                           - Debugging symbols for easyMp3Gain-GTK

p   easymp3gain-gtk-dbg:i386
                            - Debugging symbols for easyMp3Gain-GTK

p   mp3gain
                           - Lossless mp3 normalizer with statistical
analysis
p   mp3gain:i386
                            - Lossless mp3 normalizer with statistical
analysis

Also this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/easymp3gain/

QH

* This is the perspective of someone who has dabbled in *nix for about 20
years, and been using Linux as his primary OS for about 15 years, so my
perspective may be skewed. That said, I have little patience for obtuse
tools.