[lug] web site advice needed

Robert Racansky robert.racansky at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 18:56:39 MDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Robert Racansky
<robert.racansky at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I've set up a web site to promote my upcoming book.
>
> Right now, it's just a static site with a "Coming Soon" message.

One thing I forgot to ask -- online payment / donation service.

ie, I want to be able to put a "Donate" button on the main page, so
people can donate to my legal defense fund.

But it's not something I want to install on my own server  ( unless
it's really easy, but then there's the issue of separating the web --
app -- DB servers again ).

The only 3rd party provider of such a service I'm aware of is Pay Pal.
 Are there any others?   Are there any I should avoid using?