[lug] speaking of wordpress : hosting recs

Simos blug at chinesetearoom.com
Tue Sep 3 18:05:08 MDT 2013

Hi all,

I've been hosting with Dreamhost for years (though nothing serious) and, for the
price, I'd recommend them. Pretty much everything is "unlimited" unless you start
using huge amounts of disk, bandwidth, etc. Their custom panel is pretty good
and they are indeed mostly friendly (and sort of folksy...) when I've had to deal
with them. However, don't expect any industrial level hosting - they often have
problems (see http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/) that they eventually resolve
but it may take them a bit (or a while). I guess it's a classic case of you get
what you pay for, but you won't get cheated for the money you'll be paying.

Regards,

Simos