[lug] off-topic: wireless ip security

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Sep 4 11:57:03 MDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-09-03 at 22:10 -0700, David Frye wrote:
> I don't have any personal experience with any cameras myself, but
> someone shared this link on another list I follow:
>
> <http://www.tripwire.com/state-of-security/vulnerability-management/vulnerability-who-is-watching-your-ip-camera/>

I intend to deal with that by using ssh tunneling to get to my streams.
Or maybe VPN, but I'm not as familiar with its setup and use as I am
with ssh.

Of course, I'm not familiar with how to use Android (or iOS) to setup a
tunnel to connect to a proxy at home.  I always just use my Linux
laptops (one of which was also stolen - sigh).

--
Michael J. Hammel
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org / http://www.graphics-muse.org