[lug] web site advice needed

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Sep 11 08:31:53 MDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-09-10 at 22:48 -0600, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> the latest stuff?  I've been running my personal blog on WordPress for a
> couple of years, and WordPress *REALLY* has got its shit together in this
> regard.  I go to my admin interface, and it tells me there are X upgrades
> available.  I click a button or two, and they are applied.

Doesn't the point-n-click updates require an open ftp port?  I've been
doing my updates at home and then pushing the whole thing back to my web
site.  I wouldn't mind doing it the easy way but I'm a bit leary of an
open ftp site.

Truth be told: I haven't really investigated its use once I saw "ftp" as
a requirement.  Can you describe what you did to enable this safely?
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org