[lug] web site advice needed

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 10:34:46 MDT 2013

Always always always make backups first. Change always implies risk.
Rollback is never simple w/o a backup when you are replacing things.

That said, I don't remember the last time I saw a Wordpress upgrade go
sideways. Probably not since the 1.x days.

As far as plugins go, that's highly variable and will depend upon whether
or not the plugin author plays by the rules. Generally speaking, if your
Wordpress installation knows about the upgrade and thinks it's safe to
install, it probably is.

Always always always make backups first. Change always implies risk.

QH