[lug] linux laptop search

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 09:26:36 MDT 2013

Anything you get from a smaller ODM should be able to disable Secure Boot
easily. It's in their best interest to not lock stuff down. I like getting
my laptops from http://www.xoticpc.com/ . They'll sell you pretty much
whatever you want, barebones to fully loaded, and without an OS if you
don't want Winders at all. You could also look at System 76 or ZAReason.
Their machines seem nice, come w/ Linux out of the box, and in the case of
System 76, you'd be supporting a local business.