[lug] negative scanner for linux?

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 16:49:16 MDT 2013

Are you wanting to just scan some personal photo negatives? If so, it's
almost certainly worth just paying a service to do it for you. The quality
will almost certainly be better, and it will actually get done. Scanning
even just a few hundred negatives is a mind-numbingly tedious and time
consuming task with consumer-grade equipment. Every person who I've helped
with this project never finished it. If you are scanning fewer than that,
then the service is probably cheaper than the equipment.

QH