[lug] Dropped packet question

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 09:31:57 MDT 2013

Since you control the server, don't the logs tell you something about
the dropped packets? Since you don't see drops with the netbook, you
can rule out the rest of the network: it must be the server box.

It may be dropping packets for a variety of reasons, just to mention a
couple of stupid ones: a defective network card or too high CPU load.

Cheers,
Davide