[lug] OT: android elevation app accuracy

Carl Wagner carl.wagner1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 17:52:47 MDT 2013

Davide,

I am with John on this.  A water level with a helper or a
transit/builders level could probably get you to 1/4" (abound 6 mm) or
possibly better .
How far apart are the corners?   I have a one person water level that I
could loan you (it beeps when the water level on the remote end is at
the same height as the sensor).    I think the hose is 50' long and it
can be extended with a garden hose but you would need to buy the hose
adapters from a place like Home Despot or McGuckin's (I "think" it is
3/8" clear plastic tubing so you would need a male hose to 3/8" barbed
and a female hose to 3/8" barbed. Plastic adapters would work fine and
are cheap.).  As others have said, make sure you get all the larger
bubbles out.

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=182965

I am coming up with a blank on how to make this Linux related though.  ;-)

Carl